Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2018 Procedure for Registration of Yatris through designated Branches of Banks
1. This year’s Shri Amarnathji Yatra will commence on 28th June, 2018, via both the routes Baltal and Pahalgam, and conclude on 26th August, 2018.
2. Advance Registration is compulsory for all intending Pilgrims.
3. Nobody shall be allowed to undertake the Yatra without securing a Yatra Permit which is valid for a specified day and route.
4. Every intending Pilgrim can secure her/ his Yatra Permit from any of the notified Bank Branches (310 of Punjab National Bank, 89 of J&K Bank, and 41 of YES Bank) located in various States/UTs of the country.
5. The addresses of the notified Bank Branches which have been authorised to provide Registration are available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website:www.shriamarnathjishrine.com.
6. The Registration for the Yatra 2018, through all the nominated Bank Branches will commence from Thursday the 1st March,2018.
7. For Registration/ obtaining Yatra Permit, an intending Yatri shall have to submit filled-in prescribed Application Form and Compulsory Health Certificate issued by the Authorised Doctor/ Medical Institution.
8. The State-wise lists of Doctors/ Medical Institutions authorised to issue the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate are available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website:www.shriamarnathjishrine.com.
9. The formats of the Application Form and Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) are also available at Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board’s website:www.shriamarnathjishrine.com.
10. For Yatra 2018, Compulsory Health Certificate issued only after 15th February, 2018, would be valid for the registration purposes.
11. An intending Yatri will be required to pay Rs.50/-as Registration fee against proper receipt.
12. An intending Yatri who wishes to travel by Helicopter will not be required to separately register for the Yatra.
13. A Yatri who travels by Helicopter will be required to submit the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) at the time of boarding the Helicopter.
14. All Yatris would be allowed to embark on her/ his Yatra only on the day and from the route for which she/ he has been registered.
15. Banks will invariably provide receipt to intending pilgrim against the amount of Rs 50/-per pilgrim received as cost of Yatra Permit Form.
16. Yatris to indicate their mobile number while filling the Yatra Permit Forms.
17. Banks to create a group e-mail of their bank branches designated for advance registration and also include SASB in the list. Nodal officers of the banks will ensure creation of group e-mail.
18. Banks will guide the intending pilgrims for availing the Group Registration facility being provided by SASB in case the banks are unable to provide registration for want of slots / quota.
19. Banks will ensure that Yatra Permit Forms are not issued for different days or different routes to the members of the same family to avoid inconvenience to them at Yatra Access Control Gates.
20. Bank branches will display, at the conspicuous place, for the benefit of general public the name / location of another nearest designated branch available in the vicinity for advance registration.
21. The staff of designated bank branches need to be duly sensitised regarding important issues related to Advance Registration, by the respective banks by issuing Circular to all its branches indicating the following:
(i) no column of Yatra Permit Form shall be left blank;
(ii) no pilgrim less than 13 years of age and more than 75 years of age and no lady with more than six weeks pregnancy shall be registered for Yatra even if they may have obtained Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC);
(iii) correct mobile numbers to be captured while filling the Yatra Permit Forms, so that bulk SMSs on Do’s and Don’ts sent through NIC (started last year on Pilot basis) reach all the Yatris;
(iv) it is mandatory to issue “Nirdeshika”, a small booklet containing Dos and Don’ts provided to banks with each Yatra Permit Form, free of cost;
(v) training workshops to be organised for conduct of Advance Registration of intending Yatris by PNB, J&K Bank and Yes Bank; and,
(vi) bank branches to keep a vigil on any potential possibility of fake Yatra Permit Forms being sold in the vicinity of their Branch and to inform the Bank authorities as well as SASB immediately if any such information comes to their notice.